Planning a Research Project
Here are the steps you will need to plan your research project.
- Find a topic to research
- Start a log book
- Do some reading and compile a list of at least three good references on the topic
- Come up with a question in that area
- Find a mentor
- State the hypothesis to be tested (In the format: If…then…because…)
- Write a proposal for an experiment to test the hypothesis, including Aim, Materials and Method. Include a discussion of variables - independent, dependent and controlled. Also include discussion of sample size.
- Check with your teacher that your proposal is okay before starting experimentation
- Think about how to collect results and have tables drawn up
- Plan how you will graph your results.
- Consider whether you will need to use statistics
- Start collecting information for your: Reference list, Acknowledgements, Introduction etc.
- Think about how to present the display board
1. Working together
2. Collecting Data
3. Back at the Lab