Professor Lorna Moxham
PhD (CQU); RN, MHN, DASc (MIHE); BHSc (UWS); MEd (UNSW); Cert OH&S (CQU); Cert Qual Mngmt (CQU)
Phone: +61 2 4239 2559
- Professor of Mental Health Nursing
- Global Challenge Lead: Living Well, Longer
HDR Supervision Topics
- Registered nurses use of e.health technologies
- Emergency department nurses conceptualisations of recovery as it applies to clients with a mental illness in the ED.
- Climate change adaptation in health and its implications for nursing practice
- Registered Nurses’ understanding of their responsibilities under the ANMC competency standards in relationship to BN student
- Understanding the nexus between the theoretical education of registered nurses and its application to theoretical practice.
- Developing an approach for consumer debriefing post seclusion and high dependency care.
- What influences industry to offer clinical placements to undergraduate nursing students?
- An examination of what influences women with Alcohol-Related Brain Injury (ARBI) to engage with Drug and Alcohol services.
- The Meaning of Safety in Acute Mental Health Inpatient Settings
- Nurse Leaders: a grounded theory examination of attributes
- Mental Health Nursing
- Therapeutic Recreation in Mental Health
- Nursing Education
- HDR Supervision
- Qualitative Research Methodologies
- Fellow: Australian College of Mental Health Nurses
- Fellow: Australian College of Nursing
- Member- ACN: Academic Council
- Member: Mental Health Nurse Advisory Group (NSW)
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC) Accreditation Assessor and Chair of Assessment Committee
- Editor: Nursing and Health Sciences
Searchable RIS publications from 2000 to date.
- Moxham, L., Robson, P. & Pegg, S. (2014). Mental health care in the Australian context. In, LeMone, P., Burke, K.M., Dwyer, T., Levett-Jones, T., Moxham, L., Reid-Searl, K., Berry, K., Carville, K., Hales, M., Knox, N., Luxford, Y. & Raymond, D. (eds) Medical –Surgical Nursing: critical Thinking for person centred care, (2nd ed). Sydney, Australia: Pearson, Education. Chapter 51. Pp 1831- 1853.
- Lemone, P., Burke, K., Levett-Jones, T., Dwyer, T., Moxham, L., Reid-Searl, K., Berry, K., Carville, K., Hales, M., Knox, N., Luxford, Y. & Raymond, D. (Eds.). (2014). Medical-Surgical Nursing Critical Thinking for Person-Centred Care (2nd ed). Frenchs Forest, N.S.W: Pearson Australia.
- Moxham, L., Dwyer, T., Reid-Searl, K., Robson, P. & Broadbent, M. (2013). Nursing Student’s Adult Mental Health Clinical Survival Guide. Frenchs Forrest: Pearson Australia.