Senior Professor Julie R Steele
Dip Teach, BPE (Hons), PhD, FASMF
|Phone:||+61 2 4221 3498|
- Senior Professor, Biomechanics
- Director, Biomechanics Research Laboratory
- Julie's research focuses predominantly on the biomechanics of injury prevention with a specific interest in mechanisms of lower extremity dysfunction, particularly anterior cruciate ligament injury during dynamic landings. Her current research interests also include intelligent textiles as biofeedback systems, breast movement and brassiere design, safe footwear for elderly women for falls prevention, and the effects of obesity in childhood on musculoskeletal structure and functional performance. Go to the Biomechanics Research Laboratory website to find out more about Julie's research.
- Past-President, International Society of Biomechanics
- Censor, Fellows of the Australian Sports Medicine Federation
Searchable RIS publications from 2000 to date.