Systematic Reviews and Meta-analyses, 3-day course
When? 18-20th February 2019
Where? University of Wollongong - South Western Sydney Campus, 33 Moore St Liverpool
Who should attend? HDR students, researchers and clinicians with an interest in understanding and performing meta-analysis. Our approach is mainly practical and participants with introductory level epidemiological and statistical knowledge should be able to fully understand the materials.
The course consists of a mixture of lectures, to cover essential theoretical background, and hands-on tutorials and computer exercises, to provide practical experience with analyses of real meta-analytic datasets. Topics covered include:
- Day 1: Systematic reviews – defining the research question, registration in PROSPERO, searching the literature, selecting the studies, assessing their methodological quality and reporting the findings.
- Day 2: Meta-analyses – data extraction and pooling with fixed-effect and random effects models (dichotomous or continuous outcome data in RCTs).
- Day 3: Advanced methods in meta-analysis – meta-regression; how to deal with missing data? how to account for multiple interventions and multiple outcomes?
- $450 UOW HDR students
- $600 UOW staff
- $750 LHD researchers
- $900 external participants
GST and catering included
- Dr Elizabeth Neale (Nutrition & Dietetics)1,2
- Associate Professor Marijka Batterham (Applied Statistics)2,3
- Professor Isabel Ferreira (Clinical Epidemiology)1,2 – course coordinator
1 School of Medicine | Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health (SMAH);
2 Illawarra Health and Medical Research Institute (IHMRI); and
3 National Institute of Applied Statistics Research Australia (NIASRA) | Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences (EIS)
Registration Form [DOC]
If you require assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org