Summer Research Scholarships
We’re Connecting Great Minds
The Summer Research Scholarships program at The University of Wollongong (UOW) gives undergraduate students an exceptional opportunity to experience what academic research is all about. Projects are available in the Schools of Biological Sciences, Chemistry, and Earth and Environmental Sciences.
Is it for me?
- Are you a current undergraduate student at an Australian or New Zealand university (other than UOW)?
- Are you passionate about science and have aspirations to do a postgraduate research degree in the future?
- Are you looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding summer scholarship surrounded by like-minded people in a fantastic location?
If this is you, we’re looking forward to hearing from you!
What do the Scholarships Offer?
- An 8 week full time research project commencing 27 November 2017 and finishing 2 February 2018. There will be a two week break over the Christmas period from 21 December to 8 January.
- Free accommodation for the duration of the Scholarship (8 weeks). You will be located in modern, vibrant campus facilities centrally located in the heart of the seaside city of Wollongong.
- Return economy class airfares (or equivalent travel) to a maximum value of $500 plus an optional second airfare home for the Christmas break.
- $300 stipend per week for the duration of the Scholarship (8 weeks).
- Supervision by internationally renowned researchers in high quality research facilities.
- Participation in exciting research projects designed to solve complex, real-world problems. View the 2017-2018 Research Project Listing.
Who can apply?
All applicants must meet the criteria below:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Currently enrolled full-time at an Australian or New Zealand university (UOW students are not eligible to apply for this program).
- Currently studying a relevant undergraduate degree at second year level or beyond, or a relevant honours degree (first year students are not eligible to apply).
- Interested in future studies towards honours or higher research degrees.
What should you include with your application?
- Select 2 research projects in order of preference from the 2017-2018 Research Project Listing.
- Complete the online application form.
- Attach your CV and current academic transcript.