Associate Professor Todd Mitchell
BSc (Hon), PhD
|Phone:||+61 2 4221 5443|
- ARC Future Fellow
Teaching and coordinating:
- Honours and postgraduate research student supervision
- SHS900 Research Projects
- SHS901 Practicum
- SHS902 Special Topics
- The role of lipids in the development of various pathologies including insulin resistance, obesity, cardiovascular disease and cataract
- Development of new mass spectrometric techniques for the analysis of lipids
Searchable RIS publications from 2000 to date
- Mitchell TW, Pham H, Thomas MC and Blanksby SJ (2009) “Identification of Double bond position in lipids: From GC to OzID” Journal of Chromatography B, In press.
- Le Lay S, Li Q, Proschogo N, Rodriguez M, Cartland S, Jessup W, Mitchell T and Gaus K (2009) “Caveolin-1-dependent and –independent membrane domains” Journal of Lipid Research, In Press.
- Deeley JM, Thomas MC, Truscott RJW, Mitchell TW and Blanksby SJ (2009) “Identification of abundant alkyl ether glycerophospholipids in the human lens by novel tandem mass spectrometry techniques” Analytical Chemistry, 81, 1920-1930.
- Thomas MC, Mitchell TW, Harman, DG, Deeley JM, Nealon JR and Blanksby SJ (2008) “Ozone Induced Dissociation (OzID): a novel method for the elucidation of double bond position within mass-selected lipid ions” Analytical Chemistry, 80, 303-311.
- Mitchell TW, Buffenstien R and Hulbert AJ (2007) “Membrane lipid composition may contribute to exceptional longevity of the naked mole-rat (Heterocephalus glaber); a comparative study using shotgun lipidomics” Experimental Gerontology, 42, 1053-1062
- Cazzoli R, Mitchell TW, Burchfield J, Pedersen DJ, Turner N, Biden TJ and Schmitz-Peiffer C (2007) “Dilinoleoyl-Phosphatidic Acid Mediates Reduced IRS-1 Tyrosine Phosphorylation In Skeletal Muscle” Diabetologia, 50, 1732-1742.
- Thomas MC, Mitchell TW and Blanksby SJ (2006) “Ozonolysis of phospholipid double bonds during electrospray ionization: a new tool for structure determination” Journal of the American Chemical Society, 128, 58-59.