Will you be a second year Science, Medicine and Health student in Autumn 2018? Then APPLY NOW to study abroad in upstate New York with a $5,000 bursary and fully paid tuition fees for one semester included!
The Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health have 2 x student exchange awards for students wanting to study at the prestigious Colgate University for one semester in Autumn 2018
- Fully paid tuition fees for one semester at Colgate University
- $5,000 bursary towards living and travel expenses
- Additional OS-HELP funding maybe available to eligible students
About Colgate University
Colgate University is a highly selective residential liberal arts university. With small classes, a strong emphasis on faculty-student interaction, and a residential community valuing all forms of intellectual rigor, Colgate helps students become thoughtful, critical thinkers and perceptive leaders. The campus is located in the idyllic, small town of Hamilton in central New York State and is known as one of the most beautiful college campuses in the United States. Hamilton was recently named one of America’s most friendly towns. For more info on Colgate University, visit the website.
- Award is open to Science, Medicine and Health students who will be in their 2nd year in Autumn 2018 and available for exchange in Autumn 2018 session
- Anticipating a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 75+
- Achieved 85+ ATAR
How to apply
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7 July 2017
- CV with a cover letter outlining your academic motivation
- An academic staff member’s details as a referee
- Copy of your HSC results
If you have any questions, get in touch with us via email@example.com
Don’t delay – get started on your application NOW for this fantastic Student Exchange opportunity!
The Australian Dentists Clinic is proud to support students studying a health science or medical degree with a $1,000 Scholarship. Applications are now open and closes 31 December, 2017 with the successful recipient notified 1 Feb 2018.
The value of the scholarship is $1000 AUD and one student will be awarded the scholarship each calendar year.
Who Can Apply?
- Over 17 years of age
- Studying a Medical or Health related degree
- Enrolled at University or TAFE
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
How Do I Apply?
- To apply for the scholarship, submit a 500 word maximum essay on why you selected to study a medical / health care degree and how you would use the scholarship to further your studies.
- If you prefer you can upload a 3-minute video to YouTube and email the link so we can view your video.
- Submissions can be emailed to Australian Dentists Clinic via firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Terms & Conditions and more information, visit the Australian Dentists Clinic webpage.
Southern IML Pathology and UOW are offering Science, Medicine and Health students a discounted rate for Certificate III in Pathology. Don't miss out on this opportunity!
WHAT’S INVOLVED: A combination of online learning and one week of practical workshops giving you hands on learning and practical experience.
BENEFITS: Flexible payment options for a course that will enhance your knowledge, give you practical skills and is relevant to your degree.
The course is open to all Domestic students studying a degree in SMAH and best of all this course qualifies you for well-paying part time employment at any Pathology Lab.
COST: Discounted cost for UOW students from as little as $240 (refer to webpage for eligibility criteria).
Visit the Southern IML Pathology webpage for more information, to view the 2017 workshop dates and to secure your place!
Please note: this course is independent of the Science, Medicine & Health Faculty and is not a requirement of your degree.
Join the NSW Nurses and Midwives Association - Associate membership is FREE!
FREE Associate membership gives you a great range of benefits including;
- Use of our library services
- Access to our professional services team for advice & guidance
- Union shopper, a discount buying service
- Discounted rates to attend NSWNMA workshops
- And, you will be posted out the nursing and midwives’ journal, The Lamp.
Associate membership is a great way to stay in touch with what’s happening with the nursing and midwives profession!
Visit the website to become an Associate Member for free – join now!
The Australian College of Nursing (ACN) is excited to launch two new membership options for pre-registration nursing students.
If you want to set yourself up to be the best nurse you can be and build the career you want then you should join the ACN community!
Students can choose from two membership types:
- ‘Start-Up’ membership offers basic member benefits for free
- ‘Undergraduate’ membership provides comprehensive member benefits, including one-on-one career coaching, access to online CPD courses and invitations to VIP events, for only $53 per year.
Visit the website for more information and to join now!
- BioNet - A support network for those studying biotechnology & other biology lineage
- ChemSoc - UOW School of Chemistry
- Critical Care Interest Group - further information to be advised
- Groundswell - School of Earth and Environmental Sciences Student Social Club
- SHARP - Student Health Alliance for Rural Populations
- Surgical Society of Wollongong University (SSOWU)
- WUHOW - Wollongong University Health Over Wealth
- WUMSS - Wollongong University Medical Students' Society
Student Life @ UOW
Find other clubs, play free sport, discover Wollongong, improve your quality of life, meet other students and develop your leadership skills. Life is better when you're involved...
Visit Student Life @ UOW, get involved and get more out of uni