Professor William E. Price
Phone: +61 2 4221 8089 or 3529
- Executive Director, Australian Institute for Innovative Materials (AIIM)
- Analysis of trace pollutants in environmental and waste waters
- Removal of trace contaminants using membrane technology
- Separation systems based on advanced electromaterials
- Food Analysis and Processing
- Xie, M., Nghiem, L.D., Price, W.E., and Elimelech, M.,(2014). "Relating rejection of trace organic contaminants to membrane properties in forward osmosis: Measurements, modelling and implications". Water Research. 49: p. 265-274.
- Xie, M., Nghiem, L.D., Price, W.E., and Elimelech, M.,(2014). "Toward Resource Recovery from Wastewater: Extraction of Phosphorus from Digested Sludge Using a Hybrid Forward Osmosis−Membrane Distillation Process". Environmental Science & Technology Letters. 1(2): p. 191-195.
- Yang, S., Hai, F.I., Nghiem, L.D., Price, W.E., Roddick, F., Moreira, M.T., and Magram, S.F.,(2013). "Understanding the factors controlling the removal of trace organic contaminants by white-rot fungi and their lignin modifying enzymes: An critical review". Bioresource Technology. 141: p. 97-108.
- Nguyen, L.N., Hai, F.I., Kang, J., Price, W.E., and Nghiem, L.D.,(2012). "Removal of trace organic contaminants by a membrane biorector-granular activated carbon (MBR-GAC) system". Bioresource Technology. 113: p. 169-173.
- Larkin, T., Price, W.E., and Astheimer, L.,(2008). "The key importance of soyisoflavone bioavailability to understanding health benefits". Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. 48(6): p. 538-552.
- Endres, F., Zein El Abedin, S., Saad, A.Y., Moustafa, E.M., Borissenko, N.,Price, W.E., Wallace, G.G., MacFarlane, D.R., Newman, P.J., and Bund,A.,(2008). "On the electrodeposition of titanium in ionic liquids". PhysicalChemistry Chemical Physics. 10(16): p. 2189-2199.
- Nguyen, M.H. and Price, W.E.,(2007). "Air-drying of banana: Influence ofexperimental parameters, slab thickness, banana maturity and harvesting season". Journal of Food Engineering. 79(1): p. 200-207.
- Morgan, P.E., Treweek, T.M., Lindner, R.A., Price, W.E., and Carver, J.A.,(2005). "Casein proteins as molecular chaperones". Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 53(7): p. 2670-2683.
For more information on research publications : http://works.bepress.com/w_price/
- Luo Wenhai “High Retention Membrane Bioreactor for Wastewater Reclamation” LDN
- Nguyen Ngoc Luong “Development of MBR using whole- cell fungi and their enzymes for the removal of trace organic contaminants” FH
- Yang Shufan “Optimizing Removal of Emerging Trace Organic Contaminants from Sewage Sludge: A Comparison of Anaerobic, Post-Aerobic, and Fungal Digestion Processes” LDN / FH
- Sultan Alharbi “Identification of TrOc byproducts from UV, O3 and MBR treatements” LDN
- Ashley Zaracostas: Resource recovery from wastewater by forward osmosis – membrane distillation (FO-MD) LDN
- Miss Xiaoye SONG Trace Organic Removal and Biogas Production by Anaerobic Membrane Bioreactor LDN/FH
Suggested Topics for Future Students:
- Removal of trace organic contaminants from waste water using novel membrane processes
- Educated Imperial College, University of London 1979 – 1985. BSc (1st Class Hons) D.I.C and PhD
- PhD work on kinetics and equilibrium of extraction of tea solubles (sponsored by Unilever)
- Worked for BP Research at Sunbury, UK as Reservoir Engineer, 1985-1986
- Queen Elizabeth II Fellowship 1987, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
- Appointed to Academic Staff, University of Wollongong, 1989
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellow, 1992, 1996 to work with Prof. H-D Ludeman, U. Regensburg
- Interim Dean of Science, University of Wollongong, 2002
- Head of the School of Chemistry , University of Wollongong, 2001 – 2008
- Dean of Faculty of Science, University of Wollongong, 2008 – 2013
- Executive Director, Australian Institute for Innovative Materials (AIIM) 2013 -